Columbia Grain International, LLC. is a long time established full-service grain company in the grain and pulses business. We are headquartered in Portland, Oregon and own/operate over 45 elevators and offices throughout WA, ID, MN, MT, and ND to support our domestic and export sales program.
We are a mid-size company with just over 350 employees overall. The employees at Columbia Grain at all levels of our organization represent some of the most experienced and knowledgeable in the industry. We are proud of our ability to attract and maintain talented, efficient, long term, community minded employees who can develop lasting relationships with producers and customers both domestic and around the world.
The primary responsibility of the Accounting Clerk will be processing of Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R), matching invoices to purchase orders and/or vouchers, and general forms of data entry. The Accounting Clerk will work with the other members of the Accounting team to work toward operational goals while maintaining quality and efficiencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the efficient delivery of finished products.
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department.
- Manage, prepare and organize workflow of invoices, documents and checks.
- Reconcile customer Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R) statements.
- Analyze and report macro-economic dynamics impacting global supply chain affecting product movement.
- Verify and process details of business transactions and post to general ledger, spreadsheets and databases.
- Review and reconcile accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Perform month end journal entry procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and assignments with deadlines.
- Knowledge of computer systems and solid PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Proficient and hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels within the company, and with vendors and customers.
- Ability to uphold and maintain discretion and care regarding confidential and sensitive personnel and company information.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive to successfully achieve the function of the position.
- Competitive wages depending on experience
- Excellent Health, Dental, RX and Aflac benefits
- Company paid Life Insurance and Disability
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement savings plan with a rich employer match
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick leave
Successful completion of initial and ongoing employment screens, including but not limited to criminal background and vehicle record as required.
Columbia Grain is an Equal Opportunity Employer