OUR COMPANY –
A leader in Pacific Northwest grain markets, focused on customer satisfaction. Columbia Grain International, LLC was formed in 1978 to create a superior source of western grain for domestic and export markets. Our goal has been to develop an advanced grain trading organization, not only in terms of storage and shipping, but also in quality and reliability of our information and products. With customer satisfaction as our goal, we are one of the leaders in marketing Pacific Northwest agricultural products.
- Work with location manager, elevator employees and regional office personnel to learn and execute all aspects of elevator operations including safety programs & operational procedures (see Warehouseman Job Description)
- Maintain awareness of inventory quantities as well as quality of inventory
- Learn to grade grain, blend grain, and load outbound trucks &\or trains
- Maintain knowledge of changing economics of current market values, rail freight values, truck transportation costs and local competition.
- Create and develop customer and industry relationships
- Maintain a profitable margin while increasing facility volume.
- Understand elevator logistics and keep operations personnel updated on all inbound and outbound grain quantity and quality specs.
- Issue and execute cash purchase contracts and grower agreements
Position Skill Requirements:
- Interpersonal skills including phone & personal interaction
- Dynamic, results-oriented problem solving skills
- Ability to thrive in both group and individual situations
- Competitive, positive and energetic attitude
- Willingness to relocate
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office products
- College education desired
- Industry competitive salary
- Full benefits package including:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life & disability insurance
- Cafeteria plan
- Vacation time
- 401K plan