Job Title: Export Operations Assistant
Department: Export, Portland, OR
Reports To: Export Execution Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for the execution of export sales of agricultural products shipped by container and bulk modes of transportation. The position requires strong communication and coordination skills, time-management, proficiency with database entry and MS Office products, and ability to accurately maintain records and analyze data in a fast-paced environment. Applicant should be detail oriented, organized, a team player, and able to work efficiently under time constraints.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create and review export documentation with close attention to detail, within strict time-frames
- Handle detailed and time-sensitive written and verbal communications
- Accurately and efficiently enter data into internal and shipping line systems.
- Monitor transit of container cargo from U.S. ports to overseas destinations.
- Draft, issue, and manage sales contracts.
- Coordinate the resolution of issues involving collection of payments, claims, and customs clearance.
- Support merchandisers and sales staff for global export.
- Prepare documents and work with banks on documentary collections or letter of credit transactions.
- Process export receivables and payables.
- Prepare internal reports on weekly basis.
- Prepare, maintain and complete shipment activity files.
- Work closely with accounting and credit management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in a fast-paced, dynamic market environment. Attention to detail and ability to multi-task are essential. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree; or three or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Competitive wages depending on experience
- Medical/dental insurance
- cafeteria plan
- Life/ADD/LTD Insurance