COLUMBIA GRAIN INTERNATIONAL, LLC is a leading worldwide grain and pulse supplier headquartered in Portland, OR, USA. We supply superior quality western grains and pulses to service both US domestic and worldwide export markets. Our supply lines span the western region of the US, cemented by our dominant footprint over the fertile croplands of Montana, well known for its high-quality wheat, feed grains, canola and pulses. With an extensive network of origination facilities, we are positioned to reliably supply high quality products to meet our customer’s needs.
PURPOSE AND ROLE
The role of the International Accounting Manager at Columbia Grain, is to be responsible for all areas relating to recording financial and operational accounting transactions within our accounting system in accordance with US GAAP. The International Accounting Manager supervises 3 documentation clerks and collaborates with the Bulk Execution Manager and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate and external/internal customer services oriented manner. This position addresses settlements of grain purchases and sales within our accounting system, which are time sensitive, especially with our sensitive international retail customers. This position and the international accounting department are generally autonomous; however, they will report to the Director of Accounting and corporate Controller which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
- Understand the process flow of international documentation and its relation to proper accounting in accordance with US GAAP
- Optimize processes to increase and improve efficiency within the department.
- Ensure that inbound and outbound grain shipments are accounted for in our accounting system and are properly mapped to income and expense accounts
- Ensure timeliness of billing to customers and prompt follow up on any questions
- Corroborate with Corporate Accounting department to estimate month-end results, costings, and accruals to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Take leadership of our in-process software modifications to ensure that all desired goals are achieved.
- Collaborate with merchandisers, logistics, and executive teams to deliver accurate reporting, and ensure proper documentation is completed.
- Manage international documentation staff, and ensure proper training and leadership
- High school diploma or High School Equivalent
- High proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Office Suite
- High proficiency in utilizing accounting systems, AgTech experience, a plus.
- Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment.
- High level of attention to detail
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Demonstrated solving complex operational and accounting challenges
- Working with multitasking skills
- Four or more years international business and accounting experience
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree