Columbia Grain International, LLC is a long time established full-service grain company in the grain and pulses business. We are headquartered in Portland, Oregon and own/operate over 45 elevators and offices throughout WA, ID, MN, MT, and ND to support our domestic and export sales program.
We are a mid-size company with just over 350 employees overall. The employees at Columbia Grain, at all levels of our organization, represent some of the most experienced and knowledgeable in the industry. We are proud of our ability to attract and maintain talented, efficient, long term, community minded employees who can develop lasting relationships with producers and customers both domestic and around the world.
This position is responsible for the general management and performance of a special crop processing facility including processing, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations to ensure the most efficient, cost-effective and safe use of labor and equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists with staff development according to department requirements to the division managers.
- Manages and keeps daily records of the receiving, grading, binning, cleaning, processing, blending and shipping of products ensuring optimal use of
facility space and equipment to meet shipping commitments.
- Works cooperatively with Merchandising and Transportation logistics to maximize throughput and profitability including maintaining an up-to-date
understanding of end-use requirements in order to plan for and meet specifications.
- Monitors receiving and shipping operations to avoid long line-ups, demurrage on railcars, containers and trucks.
- Monitors volumes and loss targets relating to facility operations and implements corrective actions.
- Maintains facility housekeeping and the preventive maintenance program.
- Fosters an environment of continuous improvement in health and safety business process, environment and facilities, which portray a positive image.
- Helps compliance with the HACCP and appropriate SQF programs and other industry regulations, ensuring a safe working environment and facilities.
- Performs other duties as required by management including potential designation as site SQF Practitioner.
- Forwards product samples to local grain office for quality analysis.
- Maintains the quality and quantity of all product inventories.
- Helps coordinate inbound logistics to ensure the proper quality and quantity of product arrives at the facility as needed.
- Will be required to work different shifts and different area facilities as deemed necessary by the manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in a fast-paced, dynamic market environment. Attention to detail and ability to multi-task are essential. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent and supplemented successful completion of an Agribusiness certificate, or equivalent post-secondary education.
- Minimum of five (5) years demonstrated plant management experience, including working knowledge of receiving, grading, cleaning and processing of products.
- Must be mechanically inclined to be able to work on and adjust different types of machinery.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and other employees.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive to successfully achieve the function of the position.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office.
- Good work ethic (team environment, both safe and quality), efficient and willingness to perform all required work with good attendance.
- Competitive wages depending on experience
- Excellent Health, Dental, RX and Aflac benefits
- Company paid Life Insurance and Disability
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement savings plan with a rich employer contribution
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick leave
Successful completion of initial and ongoing employment screens, including but not limited to criminal background and vehicle record as required.
Columbia Grain is an Equal Opportunity Employer