The Payroll and Benefits Support Specialist will assist the HR Manager with daily operations to ensure nothing is overlooked. The diversity of responsibilities is vast, involving anything from employee onboarding to payroll and benefits administration and compliance. You will demonstrate strong self-organization and time management skills with proactive initiation and follow through. You will contribute to the successful delivery of accurate, timely payroll accounting activities to various HR initiatives for internal and external personnel.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers all aspects of payroll and benefits through utilization of HR processes while staying current on information and tools of current Capital Management system.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of payroll functions and related activities, including PTO, wage garnishments, incentives, and accruals. Resolves payroll errors and completes payroll adjustments and corrections as necessary.
- Respond to standard benefit and semi-complex payroll related inquiries from employees.
- Prepares and maintains inter-company billing for submission to accounting.
- Provide the necessary reports associated with payroll to finance.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of various payroll reports to management.
- Leads benefit administration. Manages the accurate and timely update of all benefit related employee deductions and is responsible for the monthly premium payments to company’s benefit providers.
- Maintains and files electronic and paper personnel records, updates Human Resources Information system (HRIS) and other HR records.
- Stay current on changing Federal and State regulations and legislation that may affect employee benefits.
- Process new hires and terminations, and initiate paperwork for same. Prepares a variety of monthly, quarterly and annual HR reports and maintains confidentiality of employee records.
- Administer Leave of Absence requests; compliance, pre/post Leave Communication, tracking, and record-keeping; effectively interprets FMLA, STD, LTD and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies
- Provide support with project management and other assignments as needed.
Skills, Knowledge, Education and Experience
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of payroll accounting and benefits area; run, load and reconcile
- Strong conceptual and problem-solving skills to evaluate problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and assignments with deadlines.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to establish solid working relationships.
- Solid follow up and follow-through skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to uphold and maintain discretion and care regarding confidential and sensitive personnel and company information.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive to successfully achieve the function of the position.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, intermediate in Excel.
- Experience with Paycom preferred.
- Excellent Health, Dental, RX and Aflac benefits
- Company paid Life Insurance and Disability
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement savings plan
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick leave
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful completion of initial and ongoing employment screens, including but not limited to criminal background and vehicle record as required.
For more information about Columbia Grain visit https://www.columbiagrain.com/
Columbia Grain is an Equal Opportunity Employer