Columbia Grain International, LLC. is a long time established full service grain company in the grain and pulses business. We are headquartered in Portland, Oregon and own/operate over 45 elevators and offices throughout WA, ID, MN, MT, and ND to support our domestic and export sales program.
We are a mid-size company with just over 350 employees overall. The employees at Columbia Grain, at all levels of our organization, represent some of the most experienced and knowledgeable in the industry. We are proud of our ability to attract and maintain talented, efficient, long term, community minded employees who have the ability to develop lasting relationships with producers and customers both domestic and around the world.
Responsible to learn how to manage a grain handling facility with multiple products and services, working in and around grain elevator, and learning the procedures for grain receiving, grain grading, grain conditioning, rail car and truck loading, scale operations and facility maintenance. The goal is to help you learn more about elevator operations and CGI with the potential to grow and build a career within our company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs job tasks in a safe manner in compliance with CGI safety programs and procedures.
- Assists in the coordination of unloading and loading of grain commodities by both rail and truck.
- Contacts workers in work stations or other departments to request movement of materials, products, or machinery, or to notify them of incoming and outgoing shipments and their estimated loading times.
- Effectively communicate tasks, directives and policies with both management and co-workers.
- Ensures compliance with the FSMS (Food Safety Management System), HACCP and appropriate SQF programs at the direction of management.
- Ability to adapt to ever changing job responsibilities.
- Willing to work overtime, weekends and nights.
- Demonstrates initiative to work independently while flexible enough to work in a team setting when needed.
- Exhibits a professional image at all times, maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Assists in all location operational activities at the direction of management
This is a physical job that includes both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather and temperature environments. This job may include working at heights and in confined spaces. It may be dirty and noisy at times. This job requires the ability to lift up to 110.23 pounds.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of grain and farm supply industry
- Knowledge of agricultural production.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with staff.
- This position is subject to a probationary period.
- Competitive wages depending on experience
- Excellent Health, Dental, RX and Aflac benefits
- Company paid Life Insurance and Disability
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement savings plan with a rich employer contribution
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick leave
Successful completion of initial and ongoing employment screens, including but not limited to criminal background and vehicle record as required.
Columbia Grain is an Equal Opportunity Employer