Pulse Plant Manager Location: Plentywood, MT
Columbia Grain International, LLC. is a long time established full-service grain company in the grain and pulses business. We are headquartered in Portland, Oregon and own/operate over 45 elevators and offices throughout WA, ID, MN, MT, and ND to support our domestic and export sales program.
We are a mid-size company with just over 330 employees overall. The employees at Columbia Grain at all levels of our organization represent some of the most experienced and knowledgeable in the industry. We are proud of our ability to attract and maintain talented, efficient, long term, community-minded employees who have the ability to develop lasting relationships with producers and customers both domestic and around the world.
This position is responsible for the general management and performance of a special crop processing facility including processing, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations to ensure the most efficient, cost-effective and safe use of labor and equipment.
- Assists with staff development according to department requirements to the division managers.
- Manages and keeps daily records of the receiving, grading, binning, cleaning, processing, blending and shipping of products ensuring optimal use of facility space and equipment to meet shipping commitments.
- Works cooperatively with Merchandising and Transportation logistics to maximize throughput and profitability including maintaining an up-to-date understanding of end-use requirements in order to plan for and meet specifications.
- Monitor receiving and shipping operations to avoid long line-ups, demurrage on railcars, containers and trucks.
- Monitors volumes and loss targets relating to facility operations and implements corrective actions.
- Maintains facility housekeeping and the preventive maintenance program.
- Fosters an environment of continuous improvement in health and safety business process, environment and facilities, which portray a positive image.
- Helps compliance with the HACCP and appropriate SQF programs and other industry regulations, ensuring a safe working environment and facilities
- Performs other duties as required by management including potential designation as site SQF Practitioner.
- Forward product samples to local grain office for quality analysis.
- Maintain the quality and quantity of all product inventories.
- Help to coordinate inbound logistics to ensure the proper quality and quantity of product arrives at the facility as needed
- Will be required to work different shifts and different area facilities as deemed necessary by the manager
- Must be mechanically inclined to be able to work on and adjust different types of machinery.
Grade 12 or recognized equivalent, supplemented successful completion of an Agribusiness Certificate, or equivalent post-secondary education, Minimum of five (5) years demonstrated plant management experience, which will include working knowledge of receiving, grading, cleaning and processing of product. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing. This position is subject to a probationary period.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000 per year
- How many years of manufacturing environment experience do you have?
- How many years of mechanical experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?