Position: Seed Division Manager
Location: Washington, Idaho & Montana Region
Date: July, 2020
Columbia Grain International, LLC is a long time established, full service grain company and a leader in the industry. We are headquartered in Portland, Oregon and own/operate over 45 elevators and offices throughout WA, ID, MN, MT, and ND to support our domestic and export sales program.We are a mid-size company with over 350 employees overall, meaning that capable personnel may earn additional responsibility within a short time and have accelerated promotional opportunities. The employees at Columbia Grain, at all levels of our organization, represent some of the most experienced and knowledgeable in the industry. We are proud of our ability to attract and maintain talented, efficient, long term, community minded employees who have the ability to develop lasting relationships with producers and customers both domestic and around the world.
Columbia Grain is seeking a Seed Division Manager for our seed businesses in Montana, Washington, and Idaho.
- Be responsible for management of relationships with seed growers, seed companies, agronomy companies & farmer customers growing product to supply CGI grain & pulse facilities.
- Collaborate closely with pulse and grain divisions to identify, propagate & promote CGI preferred pulse varieties to meet end use customer demand.
- Conduct and help organize grower meetings in collaboration with CGI grain & pulse management.
- Work closely with CGI grain & pulse teams to create competitive advantages for the CGI organization utilizing its global & domestic trade & logistics network as well as it relationships with Helena Agri Services & other suppliers.
- Collaborate closely with Seed & Pulse teams in the Midwest regions.
- Collaborate with Montana Specialty Mills on 2018 seed program in support of new crushing facility.
- Develop seed variety production plans (year in advance) for marketable quantities of preferred varieties of grain and pulse seed.
- Manage seed inventory records. Maintain compliance and reporting with area Crop Improvement regulations and Federal Seed Act regulations.
- Responsible for reporting and record keeping of sales to breeding companies.
- Work closely with elevator managers within business operating footprint to incorporate seed sales promotion into everyday discussions with customers.
- Research and present future business growth opportunities.
The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing. Four year degree in agronomy preferred. Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel, & power point skills are required.
We offer competitive pay and a full benefit package including a generous 401k plan.