Columbia Grain International, LLC is a long time established full-service grain company in the grain and pulses business. We are headquartered in Portland, Oregon and own/operate over 45 elevators and offices throughout WA, ID, MN, MT, and ND to support our domestic and export sales program.
We are a mid-size company with just over 350 employees overall. The employees at Columbia Grain, at all levels of our organization, represent some of the most experienced and knowledgeable in the industry. We are proud of our ability to attract and maintain talented, efficient, long term, community minded employees who can develop lasting relationships with producers and customers both domestic and around the world.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Accountant will provide financial information to management by researching and analyzing data; preparing reports. Analyze data and make necessary adjustments and corrections. Communicate financial results to various levels of management as scheduled or requested. The Senior Accountant will work with the other members of the Accounting team to work toward operational goals while maintaining quality and efficiencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reconcile various general ledger accounts.
- Collaborate with 3 Accounting Managers to correct issues and problems on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain company-wide and some joint venture’s fixed assets on an ongoing basis.
- Track work-in-process assets and maintain capital expenditure spreadsheets.
- Maintain accurate supporting documentation for all work.
- Track expenses and analyze variances from prior months for anomalies and communicate to management.
- Perform daily and monthly futures trading recons, interact with merchandisers to obtain information.
- Perform month-end accounting/ general ledger account reconciliations.
- Assist CFO, Director of Accounting and Director of Tax and FP&A with special projects.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, annual reporting to the parent company through DIVA system, including preparation of supports.
- Help coordinate accounting systems and controls.
- Evaluate financial statement results and look for problems.
- Assist with year-end financial statement preparation, audit preparation, including tax provision.
- Backup for Cash desk (AP/AR Clerk) duties when required and review the daily posting work of cash activities.
- Help with annual audit preparation, documentation gathering, financial statement drafting, and footnote support.
- Review daily futures reconciliations prepared by AP/AR Clerk, and perform reconciliation when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in a fast-paced, dynamic market environment. Attention to detail and ability to multi-task are essential. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates degree or Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or General Business.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience, or combination of comparable education and experience.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP.
- Familiar with general closing procedures, internal controls and financial statements.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel.
- SQL Server, Agvance and AgTech accounting software experience a plus.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and assignments with deadlines.
- Strong conceptual and problem-solving skills to evaluate problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently.
- Proficient and hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels within the company, and with vendors and customers.
- Ability to uphold and maintain discretion and care regarding confidential and sensitive personnel and company information.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive to successfully achieve the function of the position.
- Competitive wages depending on experience
- Excellent Health, Dental, RX and Aflac benefits
- Company paid Life Insurance and Disability
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement savings plan with a rich employer contribution
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick leave
Successful completion of initial and ongoing employment screens, including but not limited to criminal background and vehicle record as required.
Columbia Grain is an Equal Opportunity Employer